Me


                                "I have crossed the horizon to find you.
                                 I know your name.
                                 They have stolen the heart from inside you,
                                 but this does not define you.
                                 This is not who you are.
                                 You know who you are."

A few years ago I heard this song. I was cozied up in Haiti with 97 street kids watching Moana in French projected onto the cement wall of Quinntan's house. I watched the movie again with Becka when I came back to the states and heard this song once more. I still wasn't really listening to the lyrics, or maybe I just wasn't ready to hear them. I couldn't get my life together after moving back to the states. I didn't know how to feel or how to relate to anyone. I was heartbroken. I didn't even care to live. 
I started to get back on track with God and then my whole life fell apart and I became even more bitter. I was married and divorced. I lost a baby. I sat at a desk for 50 hours a week staring at computer screens. Useless. My heart was hollow. I couldn't feel. I didn't know what to do. I heard the song again during this terrible time of my life and by this time I had totally turned away from God. He made me angry. I didn't understand Him nor did I want to. Being angry with God had been a struggle because I just couldn't fathom a world of so much suffering being watched over by a God who supposedly loved us. My heart became more and more bitter. I still pretended like I was solid and happy but the people closest to me knew better. I tried to pray. I tried to listen to people talk about Jesus. I hated it. I didn't speak to most of my family. I had become someone I didn't even know. 
After months of this, I decided to open my bible. I read first and second Samuel. Those two books made a few things very clear to me and I continued to read. I read every single day during breaks and lunch. I could feel myself coming back to life. I read Ezekiel and the verse 34:16 really struck me which says
"I will search for my lost ones who strayed away, and I will bring them safely home again. I will bandage the injured and strengthen the weak. But I will destroy those who are fat and powerful. I will feed them justice."
After reading that I bought the song on iTunes and listened to it on repeat for months and I still listen to it almost every day. God crossed the horizon to find me and He knows my name. Though people and life may steal my heart, it does not make me who I am. Who I was and what I went through does not define me. I know who I am because I know who I am in Him. Jesus genuinely loves me. All my flaws. My past. My hurt. My joy. He is always there. I know my name. I know who I am. He will cross the horizon to find you and He knows your name. Your hurt does not define you. You know who you are.
Some of this is not easy to share as it was a very dark time of my life but that is where I have been the past few years. I have a goal. I have a plan. I am excited and I am ready. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. There is always something for which to be joyful. People do love you. Just as you are. God loves you. For real.     
                                
"I have crossed the horizon to find you.
I know your name.
They have stolen the heart from inside you,
but this does not define you.
This is not who you are.
You know who you are."


Welcome to my blog, to my thoughts and to my life. Join me on this adventure.










Comments

  1. You truly are an inspiration to so many people. You amaze me in your faith and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad Chad introduced me to you while you worked in GF.

    Never stop fighting until you arrive at your destined place - that is, the unique you. Have an aim in life, continuously acquire knowledge, work hard, and have perseverance to realise the great life. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly an amazing person Miss Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...your marbles...you found your marbles... you are on the path that will lead you back to your heart... I am so glad to be blessed to watch you as you begin your journey!!! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are on track Bates, from the first day I met you, I could tell you were on a mission. Both Kay and myself have been blessed to share time with you. Let's keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate thanks for sharing a bit of your heart, which I can only imagine is just the very tip top of the iceberg of all you’ve been through recently, thank you for sharing a bit of you and your story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Bates, stacking bricks, and mending fences. What way to go. Sounds like a good ranch life is in order. Stay with it my friend, all of the sudden it's all worth it, and it will be worth the effort. If you could only know how much of a mentor you are to those around you. Clint

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    I came across your instagram and it brought me to your blog :) . Im kinda curious, are you haitian ? Were you borned and Haiti and lived there ? Or you went for a trip someday and fell in love for this country ?

    Thank you
    Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m am truly touched by such a tragedy. The “donate” option on this site is malfunctioning. Please let me know how I can donate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts