Waves

Waves. Why are waves one of the most mesmerizing things to me? The sound. Their bright white edges. I watch each and every one fight and give a final curling rush until gradually disappearing onto the shore. I stare out at the ocean and wish I could watch it forever. Every single wave is different and powerful and beautiful and sparkling. Just as it is. Every single wave rushes and surges toward its final destination. I wonder how hard every wave fought and how many waves it brought with it to make a bigger and stronger impact.  Waves don’t think about who is watching. They don’t think about how big and sparkly they are. They don’t consider the waves around them. They just make an impact. I stand in the sea. I stand in their way, but I am unable to block the waves. The waves push me and when I won’t move they rush around me, but they always get to where they need to be. I want to be like these waves. I want to sparkle. I want to roar. I want to rush. I want to make an impact. What if we went at our lives like these waves go to shore. What if we forgot who was watching, who was bigger and more sparkly. What if we remembered that every single one of us is beautiful and different and gifted? What if we all wanted to make an impact? To make the most beautiful impact we can, because someday, sometime, our wave will be over and we will have to think about the waves we did or didn’t make. We will reach the sand. 
Make an impact. 
Be a wave. 

Comments

  1. I’ve always loved waves, being in them, pictures of them, now I want to be one! Great analogy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts