Rise up. 
I do not have it all together. I can be mean. I can be rude. I can be selfish. I can be arrogant and proud. I have been depressed. I have wanted to end my life.
I have have done many things of which I am not proud of, but none of which I would change. 
I walk past a little plant every time I walk up a hill at work and it is such a great reminder for me to rise up no matter the circumstances. The first time I saw this plant I was taken aback by its gentle persistence. I named it Solda which is Kreyol for soldier. This plant rises up through the pavement. I have watched water rush around it in the pouring rain and the hot Colorado sun beat down on it. It still grows. It saw a small opening and it took it. Bravely and courageously. I want to be like this plant. I want to rise up bravely, gently and boldly. I believe bravery done correctly is wise and gentle. No matter what we are going through we have to remember to rise. To rise up above our past and to rise above our hurts. We have to remember to continue to grow and to be all that we are meant to be. Many people around us won’t always appreciate this, and often we will be despised for it. However, our greatest heroes didn’t become heroes because they did what was easy. I encourage you and I encourage myself to be like Solda.

Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous. Be gentle. 

Rise. Up. 



Comments

Popular Posts