Love Without Fear

Seeing his sweet little self smiling and giggling at me from his bench puts butterflies in my heart. I run to him in my bright red dress and tan work boots and scoop him up. He wraps his arms round my neck. I hug him so tightly. I hug him harder than I feel like I’ve hugged anyone in my entire life. I sit on the porch with Alex in my arms, Wild one on one side of me and Zee on the other. There are certain people in your life that ask for pieces of your heart and you have no choice but to give it to them. These are some of those people for me. Spinning Alex around and hearing his little giggle. Feeling his sticky arms around my neck. His baggy shirt and pants smell that like pee and have rice stains on them. His laugh is so loud in my ear and his smile so big that it makes me feel like there is nothing else in the world at this moment. Nothing else to do but wrap my arms around him and hold him and love him with my whole self. I wish I could express my joy in this moment and the peace I feel in my heart. The love I have for little Alex and the longing to be here every day with him and Wild one. Alex, if I could tell you anything I wanted, I would tell you I love you to the moon and back. I would tell you thank you for making me feel a love like this. I hope I continue to take moments like this and soak them up.
To soak up every minute of every day.
To live and love without fear of losing.
To love with all I have in the time that I have.
Thank you Alex for reminding me.
What if we all loved without a fear of losing? What if we didn't let what we have been told we are capable of hinder our every move? Haiti forces me to put my heart on my sleeve. Haiti has a way of pushing us to our limits of anger, joy, compassion, exhaustion and love. That's my challenge for the week. Love without fear of losing. Even if we lose what we love, wont we be happy we got the chance to love with all that we are? 

I hope you all have an awesome week. <3








   

Comments

Popular Posts